Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Busy Week, Getting Busier

 
     Well, it's been a full week since we spoke last. Our first craft fair went well. A bit of a slow start, but that's how it usually goes. We got some good insight as to what will be successful at these shows and what may not be.

     My little brother is here, all the way from Honolulu with his lovely wife and new baby. I am one happy auntie and sister right now. I do miss them terribly. Yeah, I'm sure they're happy in Hawaii, who wouldn't be? But we miss them. So this is an extra special treat. That little nephew is ridiculously cute and has the most wonderful scrunch-faced snort that any little dude could have.

     In their honor we held a huge family dinner. We went old fashioned New England style roast beef supper on them and it was such a hit!! We made roast beef, pan seared scallops, baked beans, brown bread, green bean casserole, mash potatoes, roasted Brussels sprouts and carrots, gravy and of course pies! No one left hungry, that's for certain, and there were around 30 of us!


     I was also accepted into an Etsy sales team known as EtsyMaineTeam, and am hoping it will help with exposure and sales. Everyone on the team, as you may guess, lives and produces right here in the greatest State in the union, Maine. You know how I feel, local is best, so I'm excited to be apart of the team. It is also forcing me to do a little "housekeeping" on the site which will be wonderful. Check them out and join us for the cash mob on November 8th...you won't even need to change out of your jammies.

     The rest of the week will include taking new pictures and adding new product to the Etsy page. We will also be headed back to New Hampshire to spend more time with my brother and go pumpkin picking. Of course Thursday is Halloween. I have a parent teacher conference and an admissions interview Friday and another craft fair on Saturday. Whew! This week is going to fly by!

     Oh and tomorrow I go in to get my hair colored, for the first time in YEARS! I'm getting back to my crazy funky self and going full pink! Yep, pink! Say what you will, I'm psyched. I'll post pictures, probably to Facebook so check in over the next day or so.

I love being busy, but maybe I've over done it this season. What do you think? Wish me luck!

Simple City Sam

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the team! :-). Don't take too much time away from family working on cleaning up shop, plenty of time for that later! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shawna! I agree. I'll just work at it slowly and steadily. These visits are so few and far between I couldn't possibly take from them! Thanks for reading!!

    ReplyDelete