Wednesday, April 30, 2014

I've Got Tags That Jingle Jangle Jingle

      Quail the dog is growing up quite nicely and just passed her fist birthday. Of course there are foibles here and there. We are feeling particularly lucky that she stayed "runt-like" and is smaller than we thought she'd be, weighing in at a healthy 50 pounds. I'd love it if she'd stop snacking in the cat litter box. See? Nice with foibles.
 
     One thing she can't control are those damn tags. Good grief, they jingle and jangle and leave a ringing in my ears that seemingly never goes away. I know it seems dramatic, but it's true, and if you have a dog you know I'm right. Yes you can spend money on quiet tags and little tag pouches. You know me, though. I hate spending money. You know what's free? Any one of the million little girl elastics I have. Or the rubber band around your Sunday paper, or even the band around those flowers you'll get for Mother's Day.
 
     Use it. Wrap all those little jingly suckers together and listen to the sweet, sweet sound of silence. Ah, bliss. Best part? If the dog gets it caught or it breaks, there are plenty more where that one came from!
 
 
Thanks Quaily-girl, you're a great model.
 
Simple City Sam 

No comments:

Post a Comment