Friday, July 5, 2013

Frog Ponds and Lily Pads

      So everyone by now knows how much I love Snell Family Farm in Buxton, Maine. It is beyond reasonably priced, the selection is outstanding and their commitment to quality and integrity is unmatched. Also, they have more plant knowledge combined than any other group of people I've ever met in my life. It is truly impressive, to say the least.
 
     When we went this year to get out seedlings for the garden we discovered that they also have their own, man made  frog ponds. Here they grow and sell pond lilies (lily pads). The "ponds" are teeming with frogs, tadpoles, frog eggs and aquatic life in general. It was glorious and amazing! I couldn't believe my eyes, and then I saw the looks on my girls' faces. So many frogs, so many questions....such a patient Daddy.
 

 
 
 
 
     Even without photos, this will be a moment and a day that I will never forget. So many wonderful things came from that day, none-the-least of which was watching the girls learn and experience something new. 
 
And, hello? How cool is it to be able to buy your own lily pad? You know, as long as you have a pond-type-thing...
 
Simple City Sam 

1 comment:

  1. I love all your photos but these are especially nice and tell a story all by themselves. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete