Sunday, August 25, 2013

Lemon Raspberry "Gimlet"

 
     For my sister's 30th birthday bash I also made a drink that was a bit stronger than the White Sangria. This one also played right into the likes of the guest of honor. This was my own play on a gimlet. Gimlets are traditionally gin or vodka mixed with fresh lime juice and simple syrup. I love them, but all that fresh lime makes it difficult to have more than one or two. Also straight vodka (basically) is not a great party beverage...just saying. This was just perfect. So refreshing, light, sweet, tangy and plain delicious all at the same time!
 
Ingredients
 
1 small bottle Stoli Razberi vodka ( or any raspberry flavored vodka)
1 bottle Simply Lemonade
1 bottle Simply Pink Lemonade
1/2 bottle Simply Limeade
4 Limes
2 Lemons
1 box Raspberries
 
     Wash and slice all of the limes and lemons. Add them to the jug or punch bowl. Add the bottle of vodka and the juices. I REALLY prefer the Simply Orange line of products. I have tried others with this recipe and I always come back to this brand as being the best. Lastly, so they don't get crushed, add the raspberries. Literally, that's it. It doesn't really need to soak. Keep ice nearby in a cooler or table bucket so that you can serve it over ice. This is way more refreshing and cost efficient because it will last longer.
 
     My sister was so happy with this "Gimlet". She rarely drinks but I saw her go back for seconds on this one. She even asked how to make it! That's when you know you've succeeded.
 
Happy Sipping!
 
Simple City Sam
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment