Saturday, August 31, 2013

Moving! Wall Vanity Edition

      As you all know the move is final. We are in the new place and everything else is too. Now we come to the game of re-establishing it as a home. Putting our little touches here and there and getting our "stuff" back where we want it. It's a pain in the tush!
 
     I was anxious to get my jewelry "vanity" put back up and get that filled back in. Before we left the old place I took a picture of how I had it set up so putting the necklaces and such back up really wasn't that hard. This time around we did need to factor in pitched ceilings and short walls. I was able to mount the shelves at varying heights perpendicular to the wall and create little shelf "nooks" in relation to the pitched ceiling.
 
     The only thing left that was bothersome was the accessibility of my earrings. I LOVE earrings. It may in fact be a bit of an obsession. I can't help it! Plus, I have a wildly talented friend (Marquis Creations) who is a local jewelry maker, so really it's my duty to have several pairs and styles. I had an easy solution.
 
    
 
     I took another empty wood picture frame and stretched simple window screen across it. Each pair of earrings hook easily into the tiny mesh and are supported well! They are visible and accessible. Even more, now I have just one small box of studs that sits neatly on one of the shelves. This has, again, been an enormous space saver as well. The whole project took less than 30 minutes. We had left over screen from repairs we've made in the past, so this project was a complete up-cycle with no cost to ourselves.
 
 
 
Now I just need to fill it!
 
Simple City Sam
 

No comments:

Post a Comment