Monday, September 23, 2013

Chicken Stock Ready To Go

      At this point everybody knows how much I love chicken stock. I make some with every carcass I have. In addition to using it for a plethora of soups, I also use it when making risotto, cous cous, wild rice and as a braising liquid occasionally. The tricky part is that I don't always need a quart or a gallon, like when I'm making soup. The other applications only used a little bit.
 
     So I freeze cubes. The average ice cube is around 2 ounces. Now whenever I make risotto I just reach into the freezer and grab a couple of cubes. They thaw in the pan and I have just the right amount that I need. Also, it's easy to add just a little more if ever needed, instead of trying to thaw or chip a piece off of a quart container.
 
 
     It only takes a few minutes but the payoff is monumental. I try to always have some in the freezer! And look at that gorgeous freezer! She's getting full alright. Now to get some proteins in there.
 
Happy freezing.
 
Simple City Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment