Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Local Eats

     My favorite part of traveling is food! Ok, that's my favorite part of any place. But, seriously I love trying local favorites and something new. Brother and his beautiful wife brought me to Shiro's, on Oahu. They make, what he related to me-the novice- as really fancy ramen. It was accurate but didn't really give this meal  justice. There were over 100 menu items and over 50 sai min noodles combinations. I went with veggie with hot and spicy broth and it was freaking amazing! I brought more of it home than I ate and I left stuffed! Perfectly cooked noodles, tofu, tomato egg, mushrooms, cabbage and more in a deliciously delicate broth. I NEED this at home.

I can see why it is one of their favorite places, as well as a Hawaiian institution!

Simple City Sam

1 comment:

  1. That looks so good- would like the recipe for that one-dmr

    ReplyDelete