Thursday, May 16, 2013

Shakin' Things Up

     Well this post will be quick...probably. I've just got to let it all out there. We've got some major changes happening here at the 'ol homestead. It's true that we (my hubby and I in particular) never sit stagnant for too long. We've moved MANY times, between states, within states, even within the same town. We've changed careers at least once, a piece. Yet we always seem to settle back into some form of what we truly love which is food. And of course we've gotten married and had children all before I turned 30. Nowadays that's lightening speed!

     So we are at it again. As you know I've been staying at home full time, taking care of the kids and simplifying life as much as I could here at home. I've been blessed with the opportunity of a new job, one that will keep me busy full time. My husband has also been blessed with a chance to move his career back into the city in which we live as well as advance himself. He gets to leave a job that has not lived up to it's promises and be home at reasonable hours (instead of out the door at 5 a.m.). Win, win.

     It seems like a "no-brainer", but man it's a bit scary. This new job means that Daddy will now be home primarily during the day. Though fully capable, (he was the stay at home parent exclusively for the first 2 and a half years of child-dom) I am so weary to leave the things I love most. I know I'll miss so much! However, the girls will still have a parent home and we will actually get to spend more time together as a family. Instead of now, where we never seem to be together as a whole family, always divided by the needs.

     It also means we will in fact need to bring in some sort of child care for a very minimal amount of time (less than 10 hours a week). This is scary too. Apart from relatives, very close friends, and teachers, we haven't left them with anyone else...ever. This is not because we are over protective, more because there hasn't been a big need. We have a big family and often prefer to spend our time with our kids rather than have them looked after. Now, there is a real need. We've met a few recommend people that help out among our circle of friends, so that's at least comforting.

     To top it all off, we will also be moving...soon. We won't be going far, in fact it may be very near by if all goes according to plan. This is the thing that seems to be troubling the girls the most. It being so uncertain I know makes them uneasy. So we try to stay positive and focused. It's all we can do.

     All in all change is usually scary. We know that by now. We also kind of thrive on it, it's exciting. A new adventure awaits us. One where Mommy and Daddy both get to expand their careers, and be active in our family. An adventure where we spend more time together! An adventure where we can really enjoy the simplicity we've worked so hard to establish. We get to spend a summer playing together and preparing my oldest for kindergarten- another big change. I can't wait.

Wish us luck! This summer is bound to be a doozy!

Simple City Sam

2 comments:

  1. I truly believe that the advice that you give us all will carry you and the family through it all....keep it simple!! Best of luck on all of your family's adventures!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sherri!! That's what I keep telling myself too. :-)

      Delete